What causes hot flashes and burning sensation in the vagina?
I forgot an issue...I also have a pain at the base of my skull that when I yawn it seems to radiate in my forehead for a few seconds and then goes away. I am really not sure if all of these issues are separate or part of some larger issue.
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.
They are indeed an unusual constellation of problems that dont seem to be connected with each other.
People who have an over-active thyroid can feel hotter than usual. So some tests will be necessary to determine the potential causes.
When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:
CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average). Also known by other names such as GlycoHemoglobin or Glycated Hemoglobin or A1c
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
TSH (checks your thyroid)
Free T4 (this too checks your thyroid)
25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)
None of these tests require any fasting and can be done at any time of the day
That pain you are experiencing does not seem to fit any typical headache pattern. However, it could be related to the spine. You should talk to your doctor about getting an X ray of the spine. If the ache persists, you should consider seeing a neurologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tetralysal causing hot flashes
- Frequent hot flashes causes
- Malarone cause hot flashes
- What causes severe hot flashes in elderly age
- What is the cause of swollen legsnausea and hot flashes
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- What causes fainting and hot flashes in children
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- Menopause hot flashes cause
- Thyroid problem,unable to conceive,hormone deficiency
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated ?
- Feel cold, lightheadedness, memory problems, foggy thinking,...
- Hypothyroidism due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis, taking Thyronorm. Do you...
- Underweight, taken dexamethasone. How can I gain weight?
- What can be done for a high blood sugar? Have frequent urination.
- Had hormone imbalance. Used androgel when testosterone went down. Will...
- Have a postprandial hypoglycemic reaction to foods with carbs. Gaining...
- Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Is Armour thyroid or Erfa thyroid better...
- Cold feeling after eating sugar. Headache, fever, BP high, have...