Suffering from fever.

I'm suffering from fever since yesterday, I took paracetamol... but it doesn't seem working. Please help.
Tue, 24 Sep 2013
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
hello ,
thank for you query at health care magic.
simple fever you can take paracetamol 500 mg three times a day.
but if your having any associated symptoms like rash, headache, vomiting , diarrhea, body pains, and itching please elaborate your symptoms, there duration and number of episodes of symptoms that could help us to come to some conclusion and prescribe medication accordingly.
thank you.
General & Family Physician Dr. Preeti Kathail's  Response

Please write the other symptoms assosiated with fever.eg.
cough,cold,burning in micturation,loose motion.
Do following investigations-
C.B.P.&E.S.R.
p.s.for M.P.
b.widal
Show all reports to the doctor.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
take paracetamol 500mg tid. first get ur all blood invesigation. after getting the cause of fever proper medication can be given.better to meet a physician.
Dr. sunil pandey's  Response
welcome to "HealthcareMagic"forum
without infection body tem.s not increase.and you take anti pyaretic drug.that drug will be work reduce your body tem.not treat.you may also take anti body.or anti inflama.
but we suggest to you.meet your doctor.and tke advoice.
General & Family Physician Dr. JItendra Sharma's  Response
Just providing a symptom of fever, will not help in this case. It would be great, if the patient also provide's other symptoms patient is suffering from (Viz, running nose, cough, burning micturation, loose motion's etc.) This might help to reach a diagnosis. And fever as a symptom may also need some genuine evaluation.

However, in most scenario's fever as a symptoms turns out to be due to viral infection. And symptomatic treatment ususally subsides.

General & Family Physician Dr. Hammad Baig's  Response
Dear Mr Ved Prakash... Fever can be due to many reasons.. I could help you in a better way if you can kindly elaborate the symptoms you are suffering from. At any point if you feel your condition is deteriorating then please immediately consult your family doctor.

Regards Dr Hammad

1.most fevers encountered in General Practice are viral,self limiting,and require only symptomatic treatment.
2.before labelling a fever as viral,look for pallor,jaundice,neck stiffness, abdomen for liver and spleen and auscultate for chest.
3.is there any running epidemic.
4.is fever with chills or without chills.
5.any associated burning micturition,cloudy urine, or loin pain.
6.with cough or cold??
Dr. RANJITHA's  Response
hi fever itself is not a disease,its a symptom of some infection present some where in the body so only paracetamol wont help you..you have to take antibiotic to subside the infection ok.
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
fever is a vague symptom, which will not alone help in diagnosis, is fever with chills?
malaria, viral, urinary tract infection, all r accompanied by fever.typhoid any other infection, TB all cause fever , since it is our bodys defense mechanism.
General & Family Physician Dr. V Ramachandran's  Response
If you are having only fever and no other symptoms, Paracetamol 500 mg four times a day would be enough for the first two days. If fever does not subside then you need to see your doctor, maybe do some blood tests. If however you have other symptoms like cough, diarrhoea, painful urination, etc, then you may require suitable antibiotics which your doctor could prescribe.
Ananth's  Response
hi,Fever is a rise in our body's normal temperature, which, on average, is 98.6 degrees Farenheit. Fever is part of our body's defense mechanism. When our bodies are fighting infections, our body temperature rises. But why? Fever is a symptom of an infection. Fever is a symptom of almost every disease known to man. Illnesses caused by viruses and bacteria invade our bodies and make us sick. Without our immune system to fight off these infections, we could die. Colds, tonsillitis, otitis media, the flu, bronchitis, tetanus, measles, mumps, chicken pox, AIDS, pneumonia are all examples of bacterial and viral infections. Always its better to have a doctor evaluate a patient with fever.
thank you for asking query.
Do not worry and don't need of blood investigation if you have just temperature from yesterday. Take paracetamol 500 mg thrice for one day. if no response and appearance of other symptoms, then consult your doctor for proper treatment.
nihar's  Response
how long u have this fever, see a doctor dear..
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

The Thing Is With Fever It Depends How Bad You Feel, You See If You Feel Ill I Would Go And See A Docter However Everyone Gets Fever And Tbh For Docters Its A Bit Of A Waste Of Time, Of Cource Im Not Disagreeing About Seeing A Docter I Just Think Everyone Gets It And If Your not Feeling Ill Just Rest.

Much Love,,, Get Welll Soon =] x