What is Otitis media?
Otitis media is a bacterial or viral infection of the middle ear common in children. It may cause a high temperature, inability to feed in babies, lost of balance, coughing and a runny nose. Treatment involves pain relief. There is no evidence that antibiotics are of help unless there are serious underlying health problems, the child is under 3 months or there is no improvement after 4 days.
Questions and answers on "Otitis media"
Health resources related to Otitis media
- Enterococcus otitis media
- Can rheumatoid arthiritis cause otitis media
- Otitis media tympanic membrane
- Acute non suppurative otitis media
- Otitis media weird noises
- Acute suppurative otitis media without spontaneous rupture of eardrum
- Is acute suppurative otitis media with spontaneous rupture of eardrum contagious
- Drugs/medication for otitis media
- Otitis media with effusion gender
- Can hiv virus live in otitis media fluid