What is the treatment for persistant high fever and cold despite taking paracetamol?

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Question: 7 MONTH'S BABY SUFFERING FROM COLD FOR 8 DAYS WAS USING CEFPODOXIME AND ZYR COLD SYRUP.BUT NOW HE IS IN FEVER THAT REACHES TO 102F IN EVERY NIGHT AND USING PARACETAMOL SOLN(FEVEX) FOR 2 DAYS BUT TEMPERATURE NOT LOWERING.WHAT CAN I DO? PLZ HELP.
Answered by Dr. Arun 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs blood tests if no improvement Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. As you have already given a course of antibiotics , you can wait for one more day to see if fever settles with paracetamol. Continue paracetamol every 4 hours. If fever persists you need to get some blood tests like complete blood count crp done. Wishing your kid speedy recovery. Regards Dr XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Arun 9 hours later
CAI I GET PRESCRIPTION?
Answered by Dr. Arun 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Full prescription not possible Detailed Answer: Try Ibugesic plus 4 ml three times a day along with your medicines. Blood tests CBC CRP . Regards Dr Arun