What does pain in penis and testicles along with lower back pain suggest?
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for you complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. Does pain occur on any other part of the body as well?
2. have you undergone ultrasound abdomen/KUB and urine C & S? if yes then please share results.
3. do you have diabetes, hypertension or any other illness?
4. are you on any medication?
5. does pain in testis occur only after sex or during normal daily activity as well?
6. any history of rash on the body?
7. any history of fever, constipation or diarrhea?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
2. I submitted urine to a urologist. I am not sure if it was the same test you are referencing, but he informed me that there was nothing in my urine to indicate anything.
3. I do not have diabetes at least not to my knowledge, my family has no history of it and I am not overweight. As for hypertension, I am not sure, but have been to a general physician and did not have inordinately high blood pressure.
4. No medication.
5. The pain is ongoing for several weeks after sexual contact, then it often goes away.
6. I once had really bad rashes on my inner thighs and in my arm pits several years ago but have not had them since then.
7. I do not believe I have a history of chronic fever or diarrhea.
Please see description
thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. Most probable differential diagnosis in this case would be recurrent resistant UTI, fungal infection & testicular torsion. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
- get urine complete examination with culture & sensitivity. (If you have active complaint of pain & burning urination). If symptoms are not present at the moment then wait till they appear.
- Get ultrasound of testis done to see any sign of testicular torsion. In testicular torsion, there is pain in testis, penis and in lower abdomen. As soon as torsion is relieved, pain also settles.
- Ultrasound KUB to see status of kidneys, urinary bladder and prostate.
- I would suggest broad spectrum antifungals like ketoconazole as well. These are prescription medicines so you need to visit your local doctor to get them.
- Plan for antibiotic therapy like ciprofloxacin would depend upon the culture report.
I would suggest you to visit hospital and get an appointment for a "Consultant Urologist" only and discuss these to proceed further.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain that radiates to penis
- What is the remedy for lower back pain
- Penis is numb back pain
- What does cramping and lower back pain suggests
- Having lower back pain suggest
- What is good for lower back pain
- What is the treatment for lower back pain
- What is the suggested medication for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Lower back pain stiffness suggestions