What do these HIV test results indicate?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi Doctor,

My exposure date - 22nd Dec 2016

- Kissing , touching cheeks , neck of girl of unknown hiv or std's status.

- Nude bath in shower and kissing her while bathing and touched her vagina from hand.No Fingering inside.

- Sucked and licked her breast extensively

- Nude on bed , kissing and sucking her cheeks and breast and on bed and finally penetrated on bed sheet( no vaginal touch and lip locking at all)

- She had some dry scar or white rash at her ribs near neck and may be by mistake i have touched from my hand or lips.

- Uthera contact to bed and may be her leg or stomach but not at vagina.

My test Results

Hiv 1-2 elisa - neg ( 15 days)

Hiv 1-2 elisa - neg ( 51 days)

HIv 1-2 Elisa CMIA ( Dr lal path Labs) - Non reactive at 120 days - 4 Months - Value 0.22

HIv 1-2 Elisa CMIA ( Dr lal path Labs) - Non reactive at 220 days- 7.5 Months - Value 0.06

HIv 1-2 Elisa CMIA ( Dr lal path Labs) - Non reactive at 270 days - 9 Months -Value 0.07

OTHER STD TEST in 4 Month

Hep B & Hep C - Neg (120 days) -

Herpes 1-2 - Neg (120 Days)

Vdrl - Neg (120 days)

Claymadia - neg (120 days)

ESR - Normal ( 270 Days)

CProtein Normal - 270 days

High colastrol - 310 ( tested 2 weeks back)

Still Having major complications :

1) Feeling very very weak ,light headiness , blurr /weak vision and severe soar throat all the times.is soar throat is major symptom of STD or not ?

2.) Everyday i have lot of uneasiness all the time.
3) Neck and back pains sometimes.

4) Feeling cold and burning eyes even after too much sleep.

5) Not able to focus or concentrate on things and lack of coordination.

6) Persistent Soar throat - But sounds like acid reflux

7) My wife is also getting irregular periods , intermittent fever , headache and body pains also ?

My Major worry ( where need your kind help)

1.I would like to share that during my multiple test till 9 months , i had multiple sexual intercourse with my Wife in between".Does it considered as exposure or not? / Does it cause any impact to test results ( even if I assume if I got the infection and tested all the times till 10 months after having intimacy contacts with my wife)

2.How to corner if its really STD or all such symptoms are only coz of fear of STD/anxiety?

3.How to explain this scary feeling of dizziness , weakness and breath discomfort all the time ( Is it related to high cholesterol or anxiety or STD) as all such symptoms overlapping in each of them.

4. I need advice if i have to forgot chapter of STD and focus on other reasons of cholesterol and anxiety to address such issues?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No chance of STDs

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

STDs are only transmitted through unprotected direct sexual contact - either vaginal, anal or oral sex. There has to be direct contact with oral or genital mucous membrane and /or exchange of infected fluids e.g semen, vaginal fluids, blood etc.

The nature of physical contact that you had did not even warrant screening for STDs because skin to skin contact i.e touching, kissing, breast sucking is not considered a route for STIs. This has been amply justified by negative results on screening for STIs on multiple occasions.

There has to be some alternative explanation for your symptoms of dizziness, uneasiness, weakness. Anxiety is one of them as constant phobia of STDs despite negative results on multiple occasions can tire you mentally.

I suggest you to kindly consult an internal medicine specialist if he/she can identify an underlying organic cause for these symptoms e.g anemia, thyroid, diabetes etc or possibly can attribute these symptoms to a side effect of some oral medication. I would also recommend psychological counseling for constant anxiety regarding STDs despite evidence to the contrary.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 6 hours later
Hi Doctor,

I do understand that my test results are negative but this horrible soar throat is leaving me again into lots of doubts and confusions. Its so nighmare that m feeling burning throat and mouth all day 24*7 and all the times.

Please suggest , this soar throat is anything to do with STD or nor?
Secondly m geeting vibrations in my body during sleep.

Pls suggest what to do? i have my visa medical test tommorrow and feeling highly scared coz of such symptoms.

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat is not due to STD

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Hope your medical test went fine and your lab tests were normal.
CYour sore throat has nothing to do with HIV / STDs. Perhaps it is due to allergy. I suggest you to kindly consult an ENT specialist for persistent sore throat.
You should also consult an medical specialist for your other symptoms like weakness, dizziness, tiredness.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 3 days later
Hi Doctor,
Still waiting for my reports and extremely worried of my results.

The soar throat is so cronic and giving me alot of anxiety as in every internet site its mentioned as one of the key symptom of hiv infection.
Pls suggest me i dont have any other exposure and health issues in my life apart from anxiety. Pls suggest still i hv to worry with regards to Std or not coz of this soar throat.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Given the nature of your physical contact, I don't think that there is any risk of HIV. So your sore throat is not due to any STD or HIV. I think that your screening test would turn up fine.

Let me know whenever your test results are reported.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 17 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Earlier you have shared me confident status but now its not 100% certain. I am nervous for my test results and would need your help to assist my situations.

do u really thing is there any chance of such false negative results and now such extreme soar throat and burning mouth has anything to do with STD/HIV.I dont have any other exposure other than physical intimacy with my wife from last 1 year and we are completely trustworthy.

Or such conditions are reciprocal of some other situations or disease or anxiety.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV does not seem to bd a likely cause for your sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Given the nature of your physical contact I am 100% sure that you don't have an STD/HIV .