What causes brown spots on the palms and soles?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: HI i have noticed (small) browns spots on both palms of my hands and the soles of both feet? Im experiencing yellow on the skin, under eyes. what can possibly be the source of the cause? From what I reserched online seems like a blood disorder, but Im not sure. Thanks Dr
My question was as follows...
. "On the palms of both of my hands and the bottom soles of both my feet, I have brown spots all over." I'm experiencing yellow skin on my body and under my eyes, digestive issues associated with bloating. and tingly feeling at times from my legs. I don't know if all these symptoms are correlated to the same source of problem.
The Dr, that answered my question said this can be associated with with sexual transmitted diseases. which in my situation this is NOT precisely accurate, because I have not been sexually active for a very very very long time, (years) and this is just occurring now as of a few weeks.
I'm not a Dr. but can it potentially be a blood problem, liver, thyroid or colon problem? what are other possibility's perhaps?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following causes to brown spots on soles hands/feet

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history carefully and the photo you provided.

I noted the brown spots.

That is not only due to skin affection.

There are various diagnosis to consider and rule out as following:
- blood disorders: complete blood count recommended
- sun exposure?
- metabolic disorders like diabetes: fasting blood test, HbA1C, liver/kidney function test
- circulation problem: Doppler ultrasound of lower extremities

Can you please tell if you've been suffering of possible skin problems like Infection of feet? psoriasis?

Thank you.
Dr.Albana

Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 20 hours later
Hello Dr.Albana Sejdini I appreciate you answering my first question. I suffer from very bad food allergies such as dairy soy peanuts seafood gluten wheat and rice.I suffer from hair loss in my mustache beard chest and legs. I also suffer from my skin being yellow all the time, under my eyes legs chest and feet. I can rule out any STDs because I just got tested and everything came back negative. I also can rule out Extreme sun exposure because I work indoors. I have a family history of high blood pressure diabetes and thyroid issues. With your expertise can I rule out cancer? I been suffering from these conditions for more then 10 years and the doctors in the US don't have any answers for me. Thank you for your time hope to hear from you soon.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back XXXX XXXXXXX

Thank you for following up.

1. Having bad food allergies has nothing to do with the spots you have on the soles of your feet and hands.

That is easily managed by avoiding foods that would cause allergy.

2. Hair loss in your mustache beard, chest and legs seems to be a hormonal problem to me. However, if I was your caring doctor would advise to run skin and hair examination on the affected area to rule out fungal infection.

If no fungal infection, minoxidil shampoo and cream applying locally is recommended.

3. From what I see in your photos, you are overweight (obese). Perhaps you might have lost some kilos recently as I noted cellulite striae on your abdominal wall. Anti-cellulite cream can help in this case.

4. Although you have a family history of diabetes/high blood pressure/thyroid issues, it does not mean you should have these diseases too. Although you have great chances to get them, as long as tests are negative, there is nothing to worry about.

5. To me again, they seem hyperpigmentation issues, most probably due to recurrent infection/inflammation of the soles. However, skin scrapping examination can help rule them out. Furthermore, I do not think it's a case of cancer but more related to inflammation issues.

Hope this answers to your queries.
Dr.Albana