Suggest medications for black and hard pimples near the inner thigh

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi Doctor,
The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples. Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is paining and during itching has got open as well
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Perhaps you have a fungal infection of inner thighs along with folliculitis.
I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinea cruris along with folliculitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you. I have viewed the images.
Yes you have fungal infection (tinea cruris) as well as bacterial folliculitis.
I suggest you to apply a topical antifungal e.g luliconazole 1 % cream Or sertaconazole 2%cream, twice daily for 4 weeks.
In addition I suggest that you to take an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily for a week. These are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
You may as well take a tab. Cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.