Is drowsiness a side effect of xevor tablets?

hi,I take medicine for diabetes & hypo thyroid. I developed fungal infection on my scalp & was prescribed XevoR 5 mg.I take it in the evening and I feel drowsy the next day. I have been taking it since two days. is it ok to continue?I am 44 yrs old.
Mon, 28 Jun 2021

Xevor 5 mg tablet contains Levocetrizine that belongs to the group of medications known as antihistamines is used in the treatment allergies and allergy associated complications like hay fever, runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, itching etc. Like other medications, this medication has some side effects of its own. Feeling sleepy or dizzy is the most common side effect of this medication. Other side effects are drowsiness, fatigue, weakness, tiredness, headache, dryness of mouth, constipation, palpitations, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, retention of urine etc. If any of these side effects persist for long or bother you, then you should consult your doctor first for medical attention. Without your doctor's advice, you should not stop taking this medication.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician,