What causes hot flashes, cold sweats and vertigo in an elderly woman?
About hot flashes and excessive sweating:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
First you have to recheck the thyroid hormone level to rule out an over active thyroid of the lobe that is not removed (always if the symptoms are developed lately).
What would be to excluded next are two other pathologies that can cause hot flushes and exessive sweating:
A CHromogranine A and Urinary metanefrines would help to diagnose/rule them out.
Discuss with your treating physician about them.
Hope i have been helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cold and hot flashes causes hashimotos
- Hot flashes nausea vertigo
- What causes severe hot flashes in elderly age
- What is the cause of swollen legsnausea and hot flashes
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- What causes fainting and hot flashes in children
- Binge drinking cold sweats hot flashes
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- Hot flash and vertigo in men
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?