What causes loss of weight after treating neuroendocrine tumor?
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Neuroendocrine tumor is a rare pathology but should be taken into consideration in patients with chronic diarrhea, flushing, weight loss ( you didn't mention your symptoms).
There are some tumor markers sensitive in diagnosing it (chromogranine A, 5-HIAA,, serotonin e ect) that we check when the doubt for NET exists.
You should discuss with your treating physician about them.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neuroendocrine tumors causes
- Primary liver neuroendocrine tumor
- Sandostatin for neuroendocrine tumors
- Neuroendocrine tumors and anxiety symptoms
- Schwannomas and neuroendocrine tumors
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
- Neuroendocrine tumor grade 2
- Neuroendocrine tumor treatment
- Stage iv neuroendocrine tumor
- Neuroendocrine tumors prognosis
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?