What do these lab reports indicate?

Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Child Health
Question: my child is 21 months old and suffeing from constipation from long term. pedistrician told to use some laxatives from 10days as situation got worse ,but still no luck.we did use the back medicine for m

otion after 4days while using laxatives. she was unable to walk properly also after hard stool.we insisted doctor then he wrote thyroid test finally. our doctor didnt care much about problem,leaving issue might develop piles soon thats our concern.attached report. she drinks lot of water daily.
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The report is normal - I have few questions for you

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.

I have seen the report. It's a normal report. This is not a thyroid issue.

I think your kid is having habitual constipation. I have certain questions and suggestions for you.

Questions:
1. Did your kid pass motion or meconium on day one of life?
2. Since how long is the kid constipated?
3. Does the kid have any bleeding along with hard stools?
4. How much milk does the kid consume per day?
5. Does the kid eat fruits and vegetables (fibre diet) appropriately?

Please get back with answers, so that I can guide you better.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 50 minutes later
attached image which explains all your questions
Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggestions on habitual consitpation

Detailed Answer:
Hi... I understand your concern. I feel this is habitual constipation and in this - 70% management is life style and dietary modification and 30% is medication. I will suggest you what should be done with respect to life style and diet as the medications have already been prescribed and seem to be good.

Suggestions:
1. Natural methods are the best to relieve constipation.
2. Constipation is a risk factor for UTI
3. Maximum milk consumption per day should not exceed 300ml
4. Minimum 3-4 cups of fruits and vegetables to be consumed per day (especially papaya and XXXXXXX fruit)
5. Toilet training - that is - sitting in XXXXXXX type of lavatory daily at the same time will help a lot. This is the right time to do. Everyday the child should be made to sit in a potty which is designed like an XXXXXXX lavatory model (squatting) at the same time if possible.
6. Water intake should be at least 1.5 liters per day.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.

Regards - Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed