What causes red raised patches near the armpit and hip regions?
Kindly upload images
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
It would be great if she can send a few good quality images of the patches. You can upload images in "Reports Section".
Possibility of fungal infection
Thank you. I have viewed the images.
I can see dry, round to oval, red patches.
I will keep a possibility of tinea corporis/fungal infection. Itching is a subjective thing and it may be mild or a significant symptom in fungal infection.
I suggest her to apply a topical antifungal e.g either clotrimazole 1 %cream Or miconazole nitrate 2% cream, twice daily for 2-4 weeks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes hip pain on standing
- What causes weak hips
- What causes hip spasms
- What causes pain and stiffness in hip
- What is the cause of swollen areas on hip
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What is causing severe pain near hip bones during pregnancy
- What causes itchy red spots on buttocks and hip
- What is the cause for hip discomfort
- What causes pain in lower hip
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body