Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst in vagina
Can you upload photos please ?
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Can you upload the photographs of the area where you are having the pimple ?
Technically it is called a sebaceous cyst or folliculitis.
It is an infection / inflammation of the hair follicle / sweat gland in the area.
However, I would like to look at the photos before providing a more specific opinion.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Have explained how to upload more pics.
I have received one pic, unfortunately it is not at all clear.
I hope you can upload some more.
There are two ways you can go about it -
1. Upload the pics on this conversation thread itself - using the option of uploading / attaching photos or reports. That option can be seen on the upper right hand corner of this page.
2. Email them at - YYYY@YYYY . They would be forwarded to me.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
It is an abscess now.
Thank you for the pictures.
The entire labia minora on one side is now swollen.
There is no discrete pimple or boil visible, as it seems it has spread to the entire lip now.
This is called an abscess now ( collection of pus or infectious material ).
Frankly speaking, it is not likely to go away on its own.
Repeated ' boils' or episodes of folliculitis/ sebaceous cysts can lead to such abscesses and chronic infection.
You need to consult an OB - GYN, and get antibiotics prescribed for this.
It would mostly resolve after antibiotics, but might rarely require surgical drainage.
To avoid such episodes -
Keep handling / touching of the area to a minimum.
Have protected sex.
Be careful while shaving.
Do not use special cleansers , soaps, vaginal douches, creams, etc.
Plain lukewarm water is enough for cleansing, and right now you can put antibiotic cream ( Mupirocin or Bacitracin ) on the area.
Hot / cold compresses will help.
Change underpants frequently, and use breathable cotton ones.
Take care, and let me know how it goes.
You can reach me directly anytime, using the following link -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sebaceous cyst treatment in ayurveda
- Ayurvedic treatment for sebaceous cyst
- Homeopathic treatment for sebaceous cyst
- Treatment of labial sebaceous cyst
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Sebaceous cyst treatment
- Laser treatment for sebaceous cysts
- Inflamed sebaceous cyst treatment
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst removal
- Infected sebaceous cyst treatment
- Hymen not ruptured. Can I insert finger in the vagina?
- Want to conceive, have fundal subseraus fibroid. What kind of treatment...
- Pregnant. Having ovarian cyst. Has nausea and vomiting. Prescribed folic...
- Increasing red spots on abdomen since hysterectomy. Had been for...
- Had 3 times intercourse within a cycle. Took postinor and used...
- Is it safe to use contraceptive pills like i pill? Side effects?
- Had menorrhagia. Ultrasound showed uterus enlarged. Treatment?
- Had D&C and hysterscopic procedure. Prescribed Tranexamic acid. Having...
- Pregnant, in third trimester, advised 4d scan. Will it cause any harm to...
- Looking for help for Pemphigoid Bullous in throat, mouth and hands?