Ask a Gynecologic Oncologist Online
Ask here your health issues with our highly experienced Gynecologic Oncologist online and get personalized answer in minutes. You can also take a second opinion on your doctor's prescription or medical reports to doubly clarify your doubts and concerns.So do not wait any further, just write down your medical query here and ask a Gynecologic Oncologist now.
Doctors waiting to answer your question
Exp 34 years
Exp 28 years
Exp 20 years
Exp 35 years
Exp 29 years
General & Family Physician
Exp 17 years
...and 18,000+ more Doctors from across the world
Reduce ER visits
Save time and money.
Dedicated 1 to 1 doctor with unlimited follow ups.
If you are not happy we will refund your money.
Recent Answers by Gynecologic Oncologist
Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance?View full Conversation
What our users say
Great job. Fast and very easy to understand. Thank you. I wish you were in my area so I could have you as my primary Doctor.
Very professional and knowledgeable, highly recommend his medical opinion specially in an emergency situation he gave me straight answers and quick follow ups. Thank you.
I so appreciate Dr. Stanko's prompt response to my questions and will certainly follow his advice and follow up again with my Dr. ASAP. Thanks again!
Dr. Sudhir kumar is excellent. He is one of the best doctor I know. He has been very quick in responding and providing best treatment possible through internet.
Thank you very much for your reply. Your answer is very helpful and precise. I greatly appreciate this information and I will get with the lab now to see if I can get this cleared up. You have been a huge help to me and I cant thank you enough.
Employers who trust us
and many more...
Who is a Gynecologic Oncologist?
A Gynecologic Oncologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of cancers found in the female reproductive system as well as in other complex gynecologic diseases such as endometriosis, ovarian cyst, etc.
After graduating from a medical school, a physician requires four years of significant education in Obstetrics & Gynecology as a resident and four years of specialized training in Gynecologic oncology as a fellow to become a Gynecologic Oncologist. They must also earn board certification and a license to practice.
These specialists espouse an integrated approach to the diagnosis and surgical management of cancers found in women including cervical cancer, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cancer, pelvic masses, uterine cancer, vaginal cancer, and vulvar cancer to name a few.
What do Gynecologic Oncologists do?
Gynecologic oncologists perform physical evaluations for identifying normal cells, benign conditions and malignancies; collect detailed medical histories, and accordingly, develop a plan for treatment and therapy. Therapy options include not only the treatment of specific cancers but also the management of the after-effects of cancer, like shock, renal failure in cases of cervical cancer and many more.
In addition to this, a Gynecologic Oncologist also educates patients and their families on various forms of cancer, possible progression and treatment options. Diagnostic techniques that can be employed include staining, tissue sampling procedures and medical imaging.
Gynecologic Oncologists could also help patients and their attendees understand diagnostic techniques such as staining, tissue sampling procedures, and medical imaging, etc. Also, as per the specific need of any patient, they can incorporate nutritional aspects and blood transfusions into a treatment plan.
When should I see a Gynecologic Oncologist?
Your primary care provider may refer you to a Gynecologic Oncologist if you have symptoms such as:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, which manifests as watery and blood-streaked flow.
- Vaginal bleeding, during or after menopause.
- Unusual vaginal bleeding, spotting, or discharge.
- Menorrhagia, which is abnormally heavy, or prolonged bleeding, and/or abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB).
- Abnormal Pap test results
- Difficulty or pain when urinating
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pain in the pelvic area
If you are concerned about any of the above-mentioned signs or other related changes that you or people known to you are experiencing, please talk to one of our doctors online now!
What tests and procedure does a Gynecologic Oncologist perform or recommend?
The first test a Gynecologic Oncologist would recommend is a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis of cancer and to establish the stage of your cancer. Once the diagnosis of cancer gets confirmed, s/he will recommend/perform further examinations, depending on the affected area.
In cases of cervical cancer, the stage of cancer is determined only after a thorough pelvic and rectal exam in addition to some radiologic studies and possibly other diagnostic tests. Your gynecologic oncologist will recommend treatment based on the stage of cancer, your overall health status, and, if appropriate, your desire about preserving fertility.
Additional tests and common procedures that are performed during the workup of cancer found in the female reproductive system are as follows:
- Rectovaginal exam
- CT or CAT scan, also called computed tomography, computerized tomography, or computerized axial tomography.
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan, sometimes called an NMRI (nuclear magnetic resonance imaging scan)..
- PET (positron emission tomography scan).
- Chest X-ray, to determine if cancer has spread into your chest or lungs.
- Blood tests evaluating your blood count, kidney function, and related issues.
- Cystoscopy.This test is recommended if there is any concern that cancer involves the bladder or has caused a blockage of urine as a result. Biopsies can be taken using the cystoscope.
Besides the above-mentioned tests, a Gynecologic Oncologist may perform a more thorough examination with the assistance of intravenous sedation by an anesthesiologist.
What questions should I ask a Gynecologic Oncologist?
You may want to ask a Gynecologic Oncologist the following questions:
- What is the diagnosis? What caused my condition? What are the complications of the disease?
- What is the extent of the damage? Can treatment stop or reverse this damage?
- What are my treatment options? Are there any side effects of the treatment?
- What are the risks and complications of the recommended procedure?
- Are there any alternatives to this treatment?
- What can I expect as my disease progresses?
- Do I need to change any of the medicines I take for other health conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes?
- What lifestyle modifications can I make to improve my condition?
- Are there any dietary guidelines I need to follow?
- How often do I need chemotherapy? Do I need surgery? Can cancer relapse in the future?
- What are the emergency signs and symptoms I need to watch out for?
- Where can I learn more about my condition?
- How often should I see you?
Why should I consult a Gynecologic Oncologist online at HCM?
- Find the Answers You Need Quickly
With advancements in technology, we are able to answer your medical questions online within minutes.
When you don’t have time to go to a doctor or visit a hospital, our team can help you get the information you need to make an informed decision about your health.
- Get Advice From Highly-Trained Professionals 24/7
- Whether you want to ask a Gynecologic Oncologist online about your concerns or ask a nutritionist about switching to a diet specifically tailored to the needs of a post-cancer lifestyle, our team of knowledgeable and experienced doctors will answer a wide variety of medical questions.
- With degrees from some of the world’s most prestigious medical schools and years of experience in their field, our staff of medical professionals has been thoroughly vetted and verified to ensure that they possess the skills and knowledge to provide sound medical advice.
- At HealthcareMagic, we are passionate about giving you access to reliable medical advice you can trust. With over 80 certified specialists on board, our team has what it takes to provide life-saving medical advice round the clock, so don’t hesitate to direct your concerns to a Gynecologic Oncologist online at HCM.
- We Value Your Privacy
At HealthcareMagic, the privacy concerns of our patients are given prime importance; confidentiality is our watchword. From the moment you ask a specialist a question online, you can trust that your information is completely protected.
We promise to always remain committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of every patient.
Contact Us Today!
If you have any concerns related to your reproductive health, or if you just need help to answer questions, Healthcaremagic is the fastest way to seek help!
Get all your concerns addressed by a Board-certified Gynecologic Oncologist along with a professional diagnosis, personalized treatment plan, recommendations on next steps and second-opinions – all tailored to suit your specific health need.
Consult us NOW!