What causes soreness and inflammation near the inner thigh?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello I'm trying to figure out what is on my inner thigh it is sore and the skin is very soft and the red is a little swollen, I just noticed this today.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Furuncle, oral and topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be a furuncle which is bacterial infection of the hair follicle.
I would recommend you to take oral and topical antibiotics.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take tablet cephalexin 500 mg twice daily for 5-7 days and apply mupirocin cream on the affected area twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
For pain you can take tablet ibuprofen.
Dr Asmeet