What causes soreness and inflammation near the inner thigh?
Furuncle, oral and topical antibiotics
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it seems to be a furuncle which is bacterial infection of the hair follicle.
I would recommend you to take oral and topical antibiotics.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take tablet cephalexin 500 mg twice daily for 5-7 days and apply mupirocin cream on the affected area twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
For pain you can take tablet ibuprofen.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breast inflammation
- What causes inner thigh bruises
- What causes tissue inflammation
- What could be the cause for inflammation near penis hole
- What causes sore to appear on thigh
- What causes prostate inflammation
- What causes inner thigh fat
- What causes eye inflammation
- Inner ear inflammation causes
- Bruise on the thigh with soreness what is causing it