What causes swelling and redness around the mouth?
Bacterial infection, oral & topical antibiotics, antihistaminics
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be a bacterial infection of the skin.
It is not looking like a fungal or yeast infection.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take oral antibiotic like tablet cephalexin 500 mg twice daily for 7 days and apply topical antibiotic like mupirocin cream on the affected areas twice daily.
Besides this for irritation take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of irritation.
Antibiotics are prescription medicines and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness and swelling in toes
- Cause of red splotches in mouth
- Red dots on mouth what is causing this
- What causes swelling and redness in premium
- What causes the inside of mouth to swell
- Cause of red patch roof of mouth
- What causes swelling in roof of mouth
- What causes red streaks on roof of mouth
- What causes red streaks in mouth
- What causes red spots on the top of your mouth