Always feel tired, not overweight. Suggest injection instead of iron tablets?
i cant affod to eat well as on low income and single mum..............im 5 ft 6 about 8 and half stone so not overwight.......also my nails grow but my hair never does.i would love for my hair to grow to my elbows at least ............ps im a vegetaria but eat eggs and fish
There are few things that are not very clear from your query - as to what is your present haemoglobin status? And serum ferritin levels?
You said you are always tired that can be because of thyroid disorder, yes, injectable iron preparations are available, if you are unable to tolerate oral iron supplements.
Take them under supervision and after sensitivity test.
Do write back with clarifications.
Sorry i have always been slightly anaemic as to having heavy periods since a young age which i still do.
yes i use to feel tired ...hate irontabs as get constipation adn im sometimes babd fr taking them. over a year ago i had b compound tabs and a injectin and felt good afterwards. no tiredness. i have had a whole nhs chexk that is due of my age.blood pressure.....weight..cholsetral ...and about 8 other checks ..all came back normal...thyroid is too.
what is haemoglobin status? where do i find out that from and what is serum ferritin levels?
i only had these tests ..about 2 weeks ago. blood sugar levels all ok...he said he sent me for all possible tests...only thing that came back again which i knew i had was really low iron levels....i wasnt even feeling like this before i went to docs...think i went for lower back pain but a health overdue thing cam eup and he sent me for all tests/ i am taking iron tabs ferrous sulphate 200mg twice a day...and feel so tired since taking them.......yes my stools are dark so i know im taking them......but all i want to dp is sleep....and i am, wouldnt any of the illnesses u mentioned have showed up........i hate this feeling, even when i go out to trianing i feel really tired on bus and yawn all the time...please help me i hate this feeling
how can i be feeling like this wheni am taking tabs or are they making me feel like this.....a silly question i often sit with laptop on my thighs a lot is that bad for me..is it making me feel ths way i do know low iron is tooo but why so suddenly again do i feel like this..
the injection i had few years ago i think was b something and i ...did take b compund tabs given tome too .felt good for wile has it worn off
hope this helps.i dont drink or smoke.drink a lotof green tea if anything.....i dont drink fizzy drinks.have no energy to do exercise or anything
Thanks for all the clarifications.
As you have mentioned you have gone through all the check up, and found to have no other medical problem than being low in iron.
Well, in that case iron supplementation is the only answer.
Oral iron tablets are not know to cause tiredness and yawning. Besides iron I think, you must supplement yourself with vitamin D , vitamin B12, and calcium. I think that will help you to feel lot better.
If you are unable to tolerate oral tablets, then yes you can ask for injectable iron. For exact brands and doses you can see your doctor.
i would love long hair.......is lack of protein the reason??? and what can itake to improve.i am 5ft 6 and about 8 and half stone .not overweight and 47
just want to feel ad look healthy
thnaks :) sos to be a pain
i have been reading about ferritin levels and getting worried...does that mean as i am really low in iron do i have ferrtin issues ..what exactly is it
Dear Mrs XXXXXXX proteins do help in hair growth.
Dear Mrs XXXXXXX proteins do help in hair growth. If you are worried you can get your total serum proteins checked. Diet XXXXXXX in proteins is anyways a good choice. You also get quality protein XXXXXXX supplements over the counter in all chemist/pharmacy stores. You may opt for it.
Serum ferritin is a marker of serum iron levels. I would not be concerned about it as you are already on iron supplements.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feel tired and cant wake up early overweight suggest
- Diabetic and overweight suggest diet plan
- Eating bigomet tablet for overweight
- Overweight feeling of hunger after brisk walk suggest
- Feeling dizzy on iron tablets
- Feeling breathlessness due to overweight suggest medicines
- Hungry thirsty tired overweight
- Overweight feeling lazy facing concentration and erection problem any suggestion
- Dizzy thirsty tired overweight
- Suggest medication for female with hypertension and overweight
- Gaining weight. Accumulation of fat near chest and belly area. What can...
- Average levels of progesterone and estrogen throughout menstrual cycle?...
- Too much calcium in blood. Fluctuation in hyperparathyroidism, kidney...
- Had weight gain, sore body, heavy periods and mood swings. Thyroid test...
- Diabetic, have fluctuating sugar and high creatinine. Suggested novarpid...
- Diagnosed with empty sella syndrome. Having symptoms of hypogonadism....
- Having addisons disease. Have been exposed to hydrogen sulfide. Having...
- Have hair thinning problem. Under going treatment in homeopathy but no...
- Always feel tired, not overweight. Suggest injection instead of iron...
- Suffering from PCOD and thyroid. On thyronorm. Taking ayurvedic...