Is ESA Therapy Advisable For A 90 Year Old With Grade-3 Chronic Kidney Disease?
ESA therapy with grade 3 CKD at the age of 90 years should be avoided .
Thanks for query .
The primary objective in treatment of anemia in patients with Chronic Kidney Disease is to maintain hemoglobin levels at 9-12 gms.
In view of age of the patent being 90 years and considering the prevailing side effect of these drugs I would recommend not to use ESA therapy .
He can be safely managed with other anti anemic drugs and supportive supplements to improve his general condition which is known part of chronic Renal Disease .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is nutcracker esophagus chronic
- I am 36 years old light smoker i have been having chronic
- Role of duphaston tablets in subchronic
- Sacroiliac joint dysfunction chronic
- Scarring from tonsillectomy causing chronic
- Loose stools in toddlers chronic
- Ulceration in terminal ileum acute vs chronic
- Lump behind ear chronic
- I have this neck related problems like chronic
- Epididymitis natural remedy chronic