What causes delayed periods despite taking Primolut?
I am 30 I've been married for 2 years now, and I'm having PCOS . i tried therapy several times but never continue.now days i started again my doc gave me PrimolutN combined with Glucophage she said that my period sould start after 5 to 7 days and it been 2 weeks now and it didn't show up .. l'm loosing my hope,my energy , my enthusiasm and on my way to deprresion .
i've been trying to get pregnant for so long and i just dont now what to do anymore .. please help me, tell me what to do.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If you are not having any periods even 2 weeks after finishing a PrimolutN therapy for 7 days, then the following causes need to be ruled out :-
1. Pregnancy - urine test or blood Hcg levels will help in diagnosing this.
2.Thyroid hormone deficiency- A simple blood test will help in excluding hypothyroidism.
4. Severe anemia- Get your hemoglobin levels checked.
You need a thorough evaluation by a Gynecologist as there are various causes for this delay in periods and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination and detailed investigations. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
seems to be that you didn't get my point, you see I already knew that I'm not having my period for about 4 month now cause I'm having poly cystic ovarian syndrome.
I don't have hypothyroidism,no anemia,and I already did a home pregnancy test and as always it came back negative, so I'm not pregnant.
What i need to know what should i do to GET PREGNANT knowing that I have PCOs,, and already been through alot of therapy's lines that kinda made loosing my trust and faith on what's gonna work for me
..thakns in advance
Conception can happen with medicines.
Thanks for writing again.
PCOD is a condition where in numerous small fluid filled cysts will be located along the edge of each ovary, which affects release of Egg (Ovulation) causing difficulty in getting Pregnant.
Treatment includes lifestyle modification in which weight reduction and diet plays an important role.
Metformin drug - Glucophage is widely used for the treatment of PCOD.
Low dose oral contarceptives and progesterone are given for menstrual irregularities. You can start oral pills for getting regular periods.
Ovulation induction drugs are given for infertility after the periods are regularized.
Some doctor's prefer laparoscopic ovarian drilling but chances of adhesions are there.
To conclude , PCOD is a very common metabolic disorder these days and is due to western life style and inactivity , can be controlled with proper food , exercise , medical and surgical treatment under doctor's guidance. Conception is delayed but is possible. Do not be hopeless. Go for regular treatment and follow up.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause late period after using primolut
- What causes delayed periods after taking primolut
- Taking parlodel cause delay period
- What is the cause of delay in period
- Delayed periods will taking progynova cause delayed periods
- What causes delayed periods when on primolut n
- Primolute nor can cause period delay
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What causes delayed periods after taking contraceptives
- What causes periods delay even after taking primolut n dosage for 10 days
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...