What causes sinus pressure and excessive sleepiness after an episode of pneumonia?

Dr. Zotaj Antoneta

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am having sinus pressure and I recently had pneumonia. I do use salt water rinse. Today I kept falling asleep.
I got up and ate dinner but tonight I am again fighting to stay awake. I saw my Doctor yesterday, she did a blood test.

Thank you,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some more information would be very helpful

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question.
Do you have fever with the sinus pain? How long ago did you finish the antibiotics for pneumonia? Do you remember the name of the medication?

You seem to be doing the right things by using salt water rinse and mucinex. I would recommend you to continue these.
When will you have the results of the blood tests? Would be good to have the results.

Do you use other medications for flu symptoms? Some of them contain antihistamines and that can make you more sleepy. If you are using some other over the counter tablets please let me know.

Please reply to this message with the answers to the above questions.

Waiting to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng