Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Do nausea, excessive hunger and pain in the right-side chest indicate esophageal cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 544 Questions
I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
More information needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. First of all, let me inform you that pain on the upper right side of the chest, feeling sick after meals and increased hunger and thirst are not typical signs of esophageal cancer. They are rather more typical of a gall bladder problem or high blood sugar levels.

I recommend you start by doing a complete blood test, including a blood glucose level, an ultrasound of the gallbladder, and an upper GI endoscopy.

If there is additional information you feel is relevant to add, please feel free to do so, in order for me to get a better insight.

Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor