question-icon

Do nausea, excessive hunger and pain in the right-side chest indicate esophageal cancer?

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018
Question: I have pain in my upper right hand side of my chest, feel sick after eating, and get really hungry, and thirsty. Could this indicate esophageal cancer or gallbladder problems?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
More information needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. First of all, let me inform you that pain on the upper right side of the chest, feeling sick after meals and increased hunger and thirst are not typical signs of esophageal cancer. They are rather more typical of a gall bladder problem or high blood sugar levels.

I recommend you start by doing a complete blood test, including a blood glucose level, an ultrasound of the gallbladder, and an upper GI endoscopy.

If there is additional information you feel is relevant to add, please feel free to do so, in order for me to get a better insight.

Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ornela Ademovi