What does stomachache on the right-side indicate in an elderly patient?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Mom 86 has stomach pain on the right side. No fever, but nauseated.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give PPI, Antacid and antispasmodic

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history about your 86 year old Mom and understood the concerns.
Stomach pain on right side and nausea at this age can be due to the following reasons:
Duodenitis with or without ulcer.
Gall bladder pathology if not operated previously.
Liver pathology.
Right and transverse part of colon inflammation or so.
Please give her a PPI like Omeprazole, antacid every three hours and antispasmodic and see the results.
If the problem persists it would be highly advisable to take her to the Doctor or ER for clinical evaluation, relevant tests and proper management.

I hope this answer helps.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.