What causes tingling pain below the right rib cage?
Costochondritis or nerve involvement
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history, albeit short and specific.
Tingling pain below right rib cage - only on sitting down but going away on laying down is indicative of one of the following things:
Nerve entrapment at spinal or root level on sitting down but getting relaxed on laying down.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Discuss about these points with your Doctor so that a clinical evaluation and further investigations can help to get a proper diagnosis and management as required.
Which area the MRI was done of?
Since when is this problem going on?
How was it started - like may be after an attack of sneezing/coughing or any trial accident or so?
Please give details.
I HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM FOR 12 MONTHS ON AND OFF. THE PAIN IS NOT INTENSE BUT CONSTANT AND ANNOYING.
THE PAIN IS IS BELOW THE RIBS. A YEAR AND A HALF I LOST 45 POUNDS AND REVERSED MY TYPE TWO DIABETES. MY DIET WAS STEAK AND EGGS FOR THREE
MONTHS. THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR COLON AND BM'S. I EAT VERY LITTLE CARBS.
I AM RECEIVING "CARE" FROM THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION WHICH I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO, SAVE YOU. SEE MY DOCTOR, I WOULD LIKE TO BUT I DO NOT HAVE AN ACUTE CASE OF ANYTHING. SOME OF THE OTHER VETS ARE IN REAL BAD SHAPE.
Great that you could reverse your type II diabetes by weight loss.
Also good is that the liver and gall bladder are normal.
I can understand about the services at VA.
Please discuss about the probable diagnosis at next visit with your Doctor.
Diabetes is known to cause neuropathy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tingling pain on right side mid section
- Tingling pain causes
- Groin area right side tingling pain
- What is the tingling pain after cataract
- Minor tingling pain in heart
- Tingling pain in right arm and left side chest
- Tingling pain under right ribs
- Sharp tingling pain in foot
- Tingling pain near upper right rib
- Tingling pain in shoulder blade
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis