What causes tingling pain below the right rib cage?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I HAVE TINGLING PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE BELOW THE RIB CAGE.
BUT ONLY WHEN I SIT IT GOING COMPLETELY AWAY WHEN I LAY DOWN?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Costochondritis or nerve involvement

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history, albeit short and specific.
Tingling pain below right rib cage - only on sitting down but going away on laying down is indicative of one of the following things:
Costochondritis.
Nerve entrapment at spinal or root level on sitting down but getting relaxed on laying down.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Discuss about these points with your Doctor so that a clinical evaluation and further investigations can help to get a proper diagnosis and management as required.
Which area the MRI was done of?
Since when is this problem going on?
How was it started - like may be after an attack of sneezing/coughing or any trial accident or so?
Please give details.

With Regards.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
THE MRI WAS DONE 4 MONTHS AGO AT THE VA SO I DID NOT SEE IT OR THE RADIOLOGIST BUT THE GALL BLADDER AND LIVER SHOWED NO ABNORMALITY. I WAS TOLD
I HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM FOR 12 MONTHS ON AND OFF. THE PAIN IS NOT INTENSE BUT CONSTANT AND ANNOYING.
THE PAIN IS IS BELOW THE RIBS. A YEAR AND A HALF I LOST 45 POUNDS AND REVERSED MY TYPE TWO DIABETES. MY DIET WAS STEAK AND EGGS FOR THREE
MONTHS. THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR COLON AND BM'S. I EAT VERY LITTLE CARBS.
I AM RECEIVING "CARE" FROM THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION WHICH I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO, SAVE YOU. SEE MY DOCTOR, I WOULD LIKE TO BUT I DO NOT HAVE AN ACUTE CASE OF ANYTHING. SOME OF THE OTHER VETS ARE IN REAL BAD SHAPE.
THANKS
XXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
As detailed

Detailed Answer:
Great that you could reverse your type II diabetes by weight loss.
Also good is that the liver and gall bladder are normal.
I can understand about the services at VA.
Please discuss about the probable diagnosis at next visit with your Doctor.
Diabetes is known to cause neuropathy.