What causes a recurring bump on the circumcision line of the penis?
Possible STI infection. Consider seeing a doctor.
Thank you for using HCM to post your question.
A lesion in the genital organ should make us aware to rule out STI testing. So if you are sexually active you will need to be checked about chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV. A STD panel testing needs to be done.
Also, other possible options are a fungal infection or eczema. Both can be treated by a topical cream.
So the most important thing is that you need to get a genital examination by a doctor who can see it and check for other things like lymph nodes, any other lesion, an examination of other parts of genital organ and whatever other lab is needed. Also, you may upload a picture of the lesion here so that I can give you a better informed opinion.
Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications otherwise please kindly close and rate the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What factors cause loose circumcision and is it normal
- What is the cause of red bumps on penis
- What causes bumps near the frenulum of the penis
- What causes bumps in the base of penis
- What could cause little red bumps in the penis
- What causes bumps in the tip of penis
- What could cause bump around penis with pus
- What causes pimple like bumps on the penis
- What causes premature ejaculation and can circumcision help
- What causes bulge around rectal area that appears post exercise?
- Suggest tests to diagnose herpes infection
- What causes difficulty in losing weight while suffering from blood clot...
- Can Hydroxycut be taken daily along with Metformin?
- Suggest treatment for torn achilles tendon and nerve pain on left foot
- Can Clindamycin cause tendon rupture?
- What causes tender lesions on back spreading towards breast?
- What is low body temperature defined as?
- How long does Morphine remain in the body?
- What causes fever, cough and strange sound while breathing?