Suggest treatment for redness and itching on the scalp
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like severe grade of seborrhea, an allergic reaction compounded with fungal infection.
I treat such cases with a mild steroid containing shampoo like flucinolone and ketoconazol shampoo to be applied on alternate day.
In addition to this you apply a mild steroid lotion like desonide daily in night.
If it becomes severe you can take steroid in pulse form that is steroid to be taken only on Saturday and Sunday every week.
Take antihistamines tablet daily.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching and redness near scrotum suggest the treatment
- Scalp treatment for dry scalp
- Suggest treatment for swelling of the scalp following an accident
- Suggest me some treatment for my scalp infection
- Suggest treatment for inflamed pink scalp
- What treatment is suitable for an itching scalp
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Suggest treatment for chronic scalp folliculitis
- Suggest treatment for scalp infection causing hair loss
- Suffering from seborrhea scalp suggest treatment