Suggest treatment for anaemia
My wife is 28 years of age. She has excess of eructation after eating. She was feeling guiddiness and bitterness below her tongue 4 months back. we consulted a gynacologist and she told that she was anemic. so she gave few tablets and protinex and syrup.The prescription is like this.
2.stuzeron for giddiness
3.ferrous ascorbate suspension orofer xt syrup.
After that the giddness got down but not completely.
She said she was anemic and need to have proper diet.
On 12th of this month, she finished her period after that she reported mild giddiness and she bitterness below her tongue.
As on today she is still having bitterness below her tongue and it comes occationally like 2 to 3 times a day before and after eating food and some times she won't have it for the entire day.
we are planning for a baby. I am 33 years old and so can she eat meat, egg and chicken to reduce anemia. what are the remedies that we need to take. right now she is still continuing with the syrup and protenix every day. is this iron deficiency anemia or any other kind of anemia. She stopped eating non veg one year back because she had fibroadenma in her right breast and after stopped eating meat and poulty and after taking lemon tea they got reduced to a large extent. she had chapati (wheat roti) in her deit daily at nights so what we thought was she might had got celica disease because of consuming wheat roti every day and now she stopped eating all wheat products as they contain gluten. so after stopping the roties she could feel less eructation after eating. so she is right now eating rice, millets and alot of musk melon, how can she reduce this anemic problem. can she eat figs and dry dates and honey. Please let us know if she can go back to non veg.. and have food or not .. for her strengthing, reducing anemia and for conceiving.
yes, she can eat non veg food
Hi and welcome to healthcaremagic,
Your wife can definitely eat nonvegetarian food. Nonveg food is very rich in iron, calcium, and vitamin B 12. Iron and vitamin B12 are essential for formation of blood.
Please get her haemoglobin test done again to know if she still needs to continue iron syrup. If her haemoglobin is good then she has to stop the iron supplement when you plan to conceive. Also she should start folic acid supplements for a few months before she plans to conceive. Talk to your gynac regarding the same.
For anaemia she should consume iron rich foods like green leafy vegetables, dry fruits , red meat and beans. She should also consume foods rich in vitamin B12 like milk and its products, poultry, eggs and meat.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
How ever, she is having bitter taste under her mouth after eating. is it any kind of acid reflux or bile reflux or any kind of problem related to anemia. Please let me know what are the remedies she can take both @home remedies, dietary changes and medication if necessary. She says that she is experiencing this after her menustral cycle. she has this about 4 times a day many times before and after eating. please do suggest.
use iron of differnt composition
The bitter taste is due to the iron supplement. Its a very common side effect of iron supplements.
In such cases, I suggest my patients to drink plenty of fluids. If problem persist, please check with your doctor if he / she can prescribe some other composition.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of anaemia with hypothyroidism
- Autoimmune haemolytic anaemia treatment
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Aplastic anaemia treatment side effects
- Treatment for anaemia
- Treatment and cure for anaemia
- Suffering from dimorphic anaemia what treatment and cure is required
- Treatment and cure for anaemia sleep disorder
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- What is the life expectancy after atg treatment for aplastic anaemia
- Suggest treatment for ear ache and dizziness
- What causes burning in mouth with strong mouth odor after using...
- Suggest treatment for persistent post nasal drip
- Will eustachian tube dysfunction in both ears lead to hearing loss in...
- Suggest treatment for nose congestion
- What causes dry throat?
- What is the cause and treatment for tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for Upper respiratory tract infection
- What causes giddiness, loss of balance and pain in the temple area?
- Suggest treatment for scratchy throat, dry cough without mucous