• question-icon

Abnormal ferritin level, acidity, bleeding in bowel movement. On FeFOL and zincovit. What are the alternative treatments?

Hi, Ferritin level is 3.65 ug/L. 3 months before started to take FeFOL-Z twice per day and Zincovit per day. After one week I had stomach upset and constant acidity and even blood in motion. Doctor asked me to stop that medicine for time beign. and Now again he told to me take Orofer XT one tablet per day. Now again I have the diarrhea, acidity... Pls suggest me any alternatives
Thu, 14 Nov 2013
Hi,Welcome to Health care magic forum.
As you describe it appears that iron preparations are causing irritation to your stomach, and causing diarrhea. So when ever you take it orally , you may get diarrhea.
The other alternative is the parenteral iron preparations.
You can take them in the supervision of a doctor.
I also advise you to take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses,sprouts, and protein rich foods.
Wishing a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.