Can Astymin syrup be taken after lunch during 20 weeks of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2018
Jan 2018
Question
i am 20 weeks pregnant now.taking folinext gold n orofer xt after breakfast.shelcal calcium tablet after lunch.following 18th week i have been taking astymin syrup (multi vitamin syrup)after lunch that is half an hour after the calcium tablet and again taking after dinner.taking astymin syrup is good for health?can i take this after lunch(after calcium tablet)?and after dinner?please clarify my doubt.and how long should i use this syrup.please help.
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Complete blood count, multivitamin is safe.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, I welcome you to HCM virtual clinic. I have understood your concern and I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

Your treating gynecologist has rightly suggested Iron, Calcium and multi vitamin and multi mineral supplements.

I would like to know about your recent blood reports about hemoglobin and complete blood count if possible.

Along with the above mentioned supplements, I will suggest you to opt for a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen.

You can continue with the multivitamin syrup. But we need to confirm about refined sugar content of the syrup.

Once I know about your reports, I will be in a better position to suggest you the dosages and timings of the supplements tablets.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to communicate with me again.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar