Suggest treatment for back pain while having vitamin D deficiency

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi , I am vit D deficiency. current level is 13. I am having back pain.please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D supplement

Detailed Answer:

You will have to start on vitamin D supplements. You can take Dvion sachets 60,000 IU mix it with water and take it once weekly for 4 to 8 weeks.

For back pain, I would suggest you do back strengthening exercises and if required can take tab shelcal 500 mg once daily for 1 month. Or else you can drink one glass of milk and 1 cup of curd which is rich in calcium.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana