Suggest treatment for symptoms of pica in a child

Question
Hi Doctor,

My daughter is feeling itching in her teeth's. She licks walls and eats sand, mud etc. Can you please suggest the reasons and medicines.

Thanks!!
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Kampana 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Iron and vitamin supplements

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query. It looks like she is anemic or having vitamin deficiency. This is called as pica. I would suggest you give her iron syrup, such as orofer and can give multivitamins such as Chubears gummy multivitamin once daily for 1 month. Give her syp. Zentel 10 ml once in the night every 6 months for deworming.

In case her symptoms persists or worsens it is best to visit a pediatrician for a detailed examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,