What causes severe body pain, fatigue and fever after a travel?

Question
Hi. I went on a cruise from Nov 27 to Dec 2 to Lebadee Haiti and Falmouth Jamaica. Since I got back I haven’t been feeling well. I have aches all over, tired, I feel feverish, and the strangest is a burning sensation in my left leg. It started in my foot and has progressed up on the right side of my leg. Visibly I see nothing on my foot or leg. I did break that foot on Oct 11 - XXXXXXX fracture, and have been wearing a boot. In Lebadee I did get in the water at the beach. Should I be concerned?
Mon, 7 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibilities

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.
I could think of two or three reasons for these new symptoms expressed.
First thing is muscle overuse during your trip, I know it was just on a cruise. The walking or various activities that you would have done could have led the muscles loose its electrolytes in their cells and shrink further compressing over the nerves that pass through the muscles. So REST and REPLACE with electrolytes like ORS solution.
Second could be venous insufficiency, the blood return from the legs back to heart is hampering that could be progressing from the foot to leg. So you might have to get a color doppler scan to check if everything that is all the vessels are functioning well.
Third or the last would be vitamin deficiency. Notably vit D, vitamin B are the culprits. You can just start taking supplements.
Yeah you can take these ideas to your local physician and get treated after you try my first tip REST and REPLACE electrolytes for a week.
Ibuprofen can help but would not solve the issue.

Follow-up: What causes severe body pain, fatigue and fever after a travel? 15 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Parinam. I do have a D & B deficiency and take supplements but haven’t been taking as I should since I got on the cruise. Shame on me. And I did do more than I should have on that foot. I have appointment with my orthopedic doctor on Wednesday and I’ll tell him about it. I Will take my vitamins now.

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dont worry

Detailed Answer:
Just take care of yourself. Sometimes if you sit, relax and recap about your health issues in the past you would get answers. That is a better way than worrying.
If you do not have any more questions please close and rate my answer.