Should i take thyronorm life long inspite of having thyroiditis?
FT3 - 4.07 pmol/L , FT4 - 11.75 pmol/L and Serum TSH - 13.8451 uIU/ml.
He prescribed me Thyromorm Tab 50mg daily one tablet.
Previously, I had throat and neck pain for 1.5 months and I thoought it to be Tonsillitis so got treated by ENT.
But pain does not cured completely and I had fevrish feeling, body ach during that time, later my ENT doctor referred me to Physician.
My physician has told me that I would have to take this medicine for life long, I am afraid of it.
Should I go to some endocrinologist? I have been taking thyromorm since last 4 days but I still feel feverish and bodyach.
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem I will like to tell you that sinec you had neck and throat pain there is a possibilty atht your could b having viral thyroiditis . In that case you will not require to take the medicine lifelong as when the inflammation will subside the thyroid functions will become normal on their own .
Plus your doctor ahs put you up on right medicine and for it to work it will take some time . You should seek advise of endocrinologist as it needs to be seen if you are having thyroiditis due to viral etiology then treatment will differ . Plus I would advsie you to get Anti TPO antibodies done also .
3) I am further attaching my other blood test and urine test reports done along with thyroid function test if you find some more tests results bad, please share?
1) How long specifically could it take to subside inflammation near thyroid gland, can i take some sort of pain killer to get relieve from feverish feeling and body-ach?
2) Is it fine if I go to endocrinologist in 7-10 days time?
After having gone through the reports your hemoglobin is low . Your other parameters show that you are having microcytic hypochromic anemia . Both iron deficiency and thallesaemia can result in this so it is advisable to get an Hb electrophoresis done .
You can take an antiinflammatory like naproxen 500 mg for the same . Exact duration cannot be said but minimum 6 weeks .
Yes you can seek the advise from endocrinologist within a week .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On thyroid medication should i take the medicines life long
- Thyronorm tablets for thyroid problem
- Will taking thyronorm suffice for hashimoto thyroiditis
- Should i continue thyronorm forever for thyroid problem
- Thyronorm 100 mcg for thyroidism
- Thyroid function test and thyronorm
- Suffering from hashimoto thyroiditis should i take thyroid supplements
- Shall i take thyronorm tablet for thyroid problem
- What dosage of thyronorm should be taken for thyroid problem
- Taking thyronorm for thyroid problem chances of conceiving
- Suggest foods and drinks which helps in healthy development of tooth?
- Started with fatigue and blurred vision. Have diarrhea and weak muscles....
- Undergoing replacement therapy for low IgG. Have pain in chest and foot....
- Child having frequent unconsciousness. Nil observation shown in EEG and...
- Took monistat and have swelling on uvula. Is it a side effect?
- Having pain, sweating hips and around waist line and legs. Buldging...
- Have ulcerative colitis and taking remicaid infusion therapy. Suggest...
- Having irregular periods. Done with pelvic ultrasound and blood test....
- Should I shave groin hair before going for colonoscopy?
- Having swelling in face, hands, feet and rashes all over body. Had bouts...