What causes globus sensation in the throat along with dizziness?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a globus sensation for 3 months now with dizziness. My doctor said that it is just due to my allergies causing post nasal drip leading to said sensation. However, I have noticed these lesions in the back of my throat and now I am wondering if these lesions could be HSV esophagitis.

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mucositis with tonsillitis and GERD

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
I have seen the pictures attached. You are having mucositis. Apply candid mouth paint 2 to 3 times a day and take tablet vitamin c once daily.
Take an antacid regularly and avoid spicy food and aerated drinks.
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid a sedentary lifestyle.
The acid reflux is causing the globus symptoms.
Follow the prescription as advised. You will definitely be benefited

All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng