Suggest treatment for persistent sore throat despite taking medication
The symptoms seem to be worse in the morning when I wake up and in the evenings.
Although lemsips help it doesnât seem to be getting any better.
Please advise what else I can do.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The throat infection is probably due to tonsillitis or pharyngitis. You should get a picture clicked of the throat and attach it in the reports section so that I can suggest you better.
The problem is more in the morning due to dryness of the throat.
Use hexidine gargles and tablet vitamin c once daily.
Also tell me what medicines have you been taking so far?
Follow up with the required information
Thanks and regards
I’ve also sent a picture.
Please let me know if you haven’t received it.
I have seen the pictures attached. You are having chronic pharyngitis.
Take tablet amoxyclav 625 twice daily and tablet diclofenac plus serratiopeptidase twice daily
Tablet vitamin c once daily and use hexidine gargles.
Avoid any smoking or spicy foods.
Take all medicines for a week.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for severe sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest medication for sore throat
- Suggest treatment for persistant fever with cold and sore throat
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Suggest medication for persistent sore throat and knee pain
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache
- Sore throat bad cough asthma taking medication treatment
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?