What causes recurring tonsillitis with tiredness?

i had tonsillitis very bad beg of dec , got blood tested for glandular fever as doc thought it was not tonsillitis , i recoved however he wanted me to be retested for it but never did!. i have gone down with tonsillitis again! now however im scared it is glandular fever as im very down tired all the time also im prob reading in to this too much but i feel my left side where my spleen is feels bigger tham other side should i worry ?
Tue, 8 Jun 2021

The best way is to go for Antibody test for glandular fever and if positive then a specific treatment can be done. If the antibody test is negative then the other cause of recurrent tonsillitis has to be found out and treated accordingly.

Consult an ENT Surgeon for proper clinical evaluation. Investigations of throat swab from tonsils and pharynx for gram staining, culture and sensitivity, tests of blood in details. If post nasal drip is present then for for CT scan of sinuses to know the basic cause and if something is found to be positive then you must go for the treatment of sinusitis too. The reports will suggest which antibiotics are the best for you and be continued till cured.

Take anti-inflammatory for at least 7 days, Providone iodine gargles. Plenty of oral fluids to avoid dehydration. If this is recurrent tonsillitis then removal of infected tonsils can solve your problems permanently.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon