What causes frequent urination while on seizure medication?

Question
I have a handicapped 47 year old male who has been on seizure medications for 33 years. He was in a car accident when he was 9. They removed his spleen. He feels the need to urinate 10 to 12 times in a 24 hour period. About 3/4 of the time nothing comes out. What could the problem be?
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UTI or prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns . The symptoms you are describing could be due to either a irinary tract infection or due to prostatitis . UTI can be diagnosed by a urine analysis and if found to be suggestive for an infection , it should be followed by a culture and sensitivity test to detect which antibiotic will best treat the infection.
Prostatitis can be diagnosed by a pelvic ultrasound and a blood test for the levels of ESR and C-reactive protein. I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..