What causes pain in the left breast area?
Initially rule out cardiac involvement.Mild spleenomegaly as such has no significance.
Hello and thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
See a 42 years old patient presenting with left sided thoracic off and on pain involving area around left breast. First thing which comes to mind is that it can be cardiac.A pain if is involving thorax and especially left side then we have to rule out possibilities of angina.
Three are three basic probabilities-
2)Gastric-Moderate risk for patient
3)Musculoskeletal involvement-Minimum risk
Initially i would suggest you to go for few basic tests of cardiology
Both of them are highly sensitive to rule out cardiac involvement.
Once cleared from cardiology i would suggest you to take mild anti inflammatory like tylenol(otc) for 2-3 days. Most of the times musculo-skeletal pain usually responds to anti inflammatory.As Xray is normal it can't be bone its a soft tissue injury(would respond very well to anti inflammatory).
If not relieved then i would suggest you to go for a ultra sound abdomen and CT of thorax.
Hope i was helpful.
Feel free to follow up.
Hello again my dear patient.So you are cleared from cardiac side.
Now we have two options
1) Get for a CT scan.Soft tossue injuries would be reflected in it.
2)If your gp is reluctant about goving you a prescription take a potent anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg twicecdaily for 3 dats if pain responds to it then its musculoskeletal and going for a ct would becadvisable after that.
Follow up after 3 days!
Don’t panic i just need 3 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in breast
- Left breast pain causes
- What is the cause for burning pain in left breast
- What causes sharp pain around left breast
- What causes burning and pain in breast
- What could be cause of left breast pain
- What causes painful lump in breast
- What causes sharp pain under the left breast
- What causes pain under breast
- What causes pain and fluttering under the left breast
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses