Owl Image

What causes dizziness, loss of balance and double vision?

Owl Image
Dr. Ornela Ademovi

Question
I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further testing needed

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. The loss of balance and double vision could be due to different causes, a change in blood pressure, to begin with, could be the culprit. Did you have a fall recently? Do you wear glasses? Do you have ringing in the ear? Do you tend to tilt your head on the side? Do you have blurry vision?

I recommend you do a physical exam, blood tests, including sugar levels and a head MRI or CT scan. These test could give a better insight into what is causing these episodes.

If you could answer the above questions for me I would be able to assist you further.

Wishing you good health and all the best.