question-icon

Suggest dosage for Penicillin

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018
Question: Hi Doctor

I had pus on my tonsils no pain no fever but lymp node under my jaw is swollen and painfull.Mh doc took a swab and the result was moderate growth pf strep group g.The doctor gave me pencillin 250mg I am taking it for 4 days now not much improvement in pus and lymp node pain.Do I need to increase my intake to 4 tablets per day? its been a week and pus is not going away.I am worried.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Acute tonsillitis with lymphadenopathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
The infection may take sometime for complete treatment. You should continue with same dose. Along with this take tablet vitamin c once daily and use hexidine gargles 4 to 5 times a day.

It would be better if you can send me the picture of your throat so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.

Any further questions are always welcome.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (25 minutes later)
Hi Doctor I spoke with you few days before same person but the found its strep throat now.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (12 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Acute tonsillitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
I have seen the pictures attached
You are having acute infection of the tonsils with pus in the tonsils. Continue with the medicines as prescribed. You will definitely be benefited. the medicine will work for streptococcal infection.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist