question-icon

How long do Risperdal, Vistaril, Diovan HCT and Gabapentin remain in body?

Posted on Mon, 7 Dec 2015
Question: Thru Urine Testing " W take nothing the new way they can drill down to specific drugsRISPERDAL,VISTRAL,DIOVANHTC ,LIPITORDICYCOMINEPTILOCEC ,METOROLOL TARTRATE , GABAPENTIN / OVER THE COUNTER VALARIAN ROOT , Advil PM AND,MELATONIN. CAN THIS BE EXPALINED?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thank you for asking a premium question. I think maybe some of your question got cut off -- what exactly are you concerned about in terms of drug testing? I'll try and write out the information I think you're looking for while you update your question with a little more detail.

Typical urine drug screens come in a 9-drug panel and can only detect those drugs, typical within a few hours of taking them, and can detect them for about 3-7 days depending on the substance. The specific drugs it detects are as follows:

Cocaine
Amphetamine
Methamphetamine
Marijuana
Opiates (codeine, morphine, heroin, etc)
PCP
Barbiturates
Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Ativan, Valium, etc)
Methadone and propoxyphene

Most drugs can be tested in the blood, but these tests are expensive sendout tests that are not routinely done.

I looked over all the drugs you listed in your medical history -- it appears that none of them would show up in a urine drug screen, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Let me know if you have any further questions at all.

My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States. For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, or individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: XXXX
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist