Suggest remedies for dry cough during pregnancy
My wife is 2 months Pregnant.She is having dry cough with little flames from past 2 days which will be more during night and less throught the day .
So can you please confirm which tablets or home remedies would be safe to cure dry cough during 1st triemster of pregnancy.
Also she feels very tired throught the day and would be having vomiting one/two times in a day.
Could you please suggest good tablet to overcome morning sickness which would control vomiting so that she would be active in office while working.
Currently she is working and would be travelling daily 3 hours total by car(cab) wanted to confirm if it is safe to travel daily for 3 hours in car(cab)
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
There are many effective, safe, and natural remedies for cough and cold during pregnancy, many of which can be used during a flu as well.They are Garlic, Apple Cider Vinegar,honey and onion.In order to avoid getting a cold or cough, the most important step to take is to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Make sure you are eating nutritiously, getting the necessary amount of sleep, and exercising on a regular basis. In addition to this, it is important that you take your prenatal vitamins, as well as probiotics.
Reduce congestion – Place a humidifier in your room, keep your head elevated on your pillow while resting, or use nasal strips.
Codeine and dextromethorphan can often be used as cough suppressants.
Tireness and vomiting are very commen in first trimester.For morning sickness she can have Vitamin B6 tablets (25-50 mg three times a day) Emetrol (5-10 mls in the morning) and Ginger tablets (250 mg four times a day).
It is risky to have travelling daily for 3 hrs,so better to avoid.If she can not have leave than continue with work.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
My wife is facing constipation so if we give garlic,Apple Cider vinegar does it make worse.
We will give raw onion and warm water with honey as suggested by you for cough.Is it safe to take tablet Tusq Cough Lozenges for cough during pregnancy?.
will be taking Codeine and dextromethorphan as sugegsted by you.
She was talking Emeset 4mg for Vomitting is it ok to take this?
For Vitiman B6 she was taking Doxinate. Else Plz suggest any other good tablet for the same .
Can you please let us know about the prenatal vitamins and probiotics that she can take.
When we done Scan it was confirmed about Twin Pregnancy.So could you please let us know if we need to take any additional care or Supplements to have healthy pregnancy
Continue Doxinate and emeset.
Thanks for writing again.
Garlic or Apple Cider vinegar does not affect constipation. Increasing fluid intake and raw vegetables with high fibre diet will help. She can have Tus Q cough lozenges for relief.
Doxinate and emeset can be taken during pregnancy and are usually effective in controlling vomiting.
In first trimester she needs folic acid supplements like Folvite 5 mg daily. Probiotics are needed only if there is a throat infection and are better to take after getting her examined by a gynecologist.
In twin pregnancy chances of vomiting are more. Additional supplements are needed after 3 months of pregnancy are complete.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Nausea can be persistent.
Usually vomiting and nausea last till 14- 16 weeks but in case of twin pregnancy it can last even longer and can persist till full term in few cases.
In case it is necessary and there is no pain in abdomen or bleeding then she can climb the stairs- few at a time. She can sit or have rest after every 10-15 stairs.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dry hacking cough during pregnancy
- Suffering from dry cough during pregnancy
- Dry cough during pregnancy harmful for baby
- Dry itchy cough during pregnancy
- Persisting cold and cough during pregnancy remedy
- What is the cure for dry cough during pregnancy
- Recofast for dry cough during pregnancy
- How to treat dry cough during pregnancy
- Home remedies dry cough during pregnancy
- Dry cough during pregnancy
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...