Is a persistent mild rash under the eye a sign of HIV?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and is not going away...I had read somewhere in the webmd website that facial rashes are the first sign of hiv symptoms...I am sending you the picture of my rash under my eye...humble request to kindly diagnose and advice the treatment if required...
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not due to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome to HCM.

The rash under your eye is due to some skin infection or allergy but not due to HIV so don't get worried or tensed. Tell me in detail about your exposure so that I can explain you in much better way. If still any query is there feel free to ask me and I am here to help you always.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 2 hours later
Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply...
In the month of January I went to a local spa where the masseur first put her mouth on my penis then used a polythene bag cover before doing oral on me...post which I started getting tensed whether I would be infected by the HIV virus...after few months I got a low grade fever but it went away ...on the month of august 31st in the afternoon I had paper cut on my finger ..in the same day evening I went t a massage parlour where I did fingering if m not sure with the same paper cut finger......after which I wore a condom a ejaculated in her...however I didn’t check whether the condom was tore or not when I took it out...after few days I started getting recurrent ring worm infection follotby nauseous feeling with persistent but mild dry cough for last three weeks with the intensity of cough more during morning with a stinky smell during coughing...and now this rash below my eyes ...kindly help me to diagnose the condition and humble request to advice me for any treatments for the above conditions.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your exposure is not risky.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back and thanks for the follow-up.

The risk of getting HIV from oral sex and fingering is very less even if your partner is positive. You had protected sex with the lady so there is no risk in it.

The symptoms you have are non-specific for HIV and most likely due to other viral or bacterial infection not related to HIV so be relaxed, forget about the episode and live your life normally.

For any further query feel free to ask me again.

Thank You

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 18 hours later
Dear doctor
Humblest thanks for your valuable reply...however I would like this scarred rash under my eyes to go away ...kindly advise some topical cream to get rid of this rash which is now persistent for more than two weeks when rubbed or pressed this rash becomes more prominent ...also also kindly suggest some treatment for my recurrent ringworm infection...
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult dermatologist for your problem.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Welcome back once again.

You can use betnovate-c cream for local application over the rashes but better to consult skin specialist to isolate the actual cause and follow the treatment regime accordingly. Don't get scared or worried as the risk of HIV is not there in your case. For any further query you can ask me any time. Be relaxed and live your life normally.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana