What causes white discoloration on the tongue post a dental procedure?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I had a dental crown done 3 weeks ago. The day after I had a white tongue and congestion in my throat and chest. I also have had a dry cough over a couple months. No fever 97.7, minor sore throat and no mucus has been coughed up. Lymoph nodes on neck, under my arms and in groin don't feel swollen. The white tongue has gotten better but the congestion has worsen and it feels like any mucus is sitting on my chest and in my throat ( No Movement). When I bend down and back up I feel faint for only a couple seconds? I have some small cold sores on upper part inside my upper lip. I am 68 year old male that has been in good health up to now. What do u think maybe my problem? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral candidiasis with sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You are probably having oral candidiasis with sore throat.
Any history of diabetes?
Is the tooth fine now or still there is some infection?
Any pain while swallowing?
Please send me the picture of your throat and tell me what medicines have you been taking so far so that I can suggest you better and prescribe you accordingly.
Follow up with the required information
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
No history of diabetes. I have gone through the 10 day supply of Amoxicllin 500mg 3x a day. Still using thePharixia 4 times a day. I have a small amount of pain when swallowing . The crown was put on so I believe the tooth was ok.

I have no way of sending you a picture on this site. Can you suggest a way to do same.

Thank you and Happy Holiday to u!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral candidiasis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
You can click a picture and attach it in the reports section.
Take an antacid along with the medicines you are taking.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 10 hours later
Attached I have uploaded a couple pictures. Thank you for your help!
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral candidiasis with sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the pictures.
Apply candid mouth paint to the tongue and oral cavity 4 to 5 times a day and take tablet vitamin c once daily and tablet cefixime 200 twice daily and chlorhexidine mouth wash 3 to 4 times a day.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Take all medicines for a week.
Thanks and regards