What causes blood discharge from the incision wound after taking Codeine?
Codeine is not responsible for wound bleeding .
Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .
* Codeine tablet is not responsible for the bleeding of the wound .
Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .
1. Bleeding - amount , duration .
2. Associated pain , fever or other symptoms .
3. If possible take a photo pic of the area without opening the water proof
dressing and upload as an attachment in the follow up section .
Awaiting for your response .
minor ooze , not to worry at present .
Thanks for the details with photograph .
* There is minor ooze from the edge stitch .
* Guidelines at present
- Currently there is no emergency to rush to the hospital .
- Do not mobilise to much extent without necessity .
- Continue current medicines .
- If this remains same , can have dressing change after 48 hours .
- If the bleeding persist , oozes beyond the dressing tape or other symptoms
of fever , pain then immediately consult your doctor .
Hope this clears your query .
Wishing him fine recovery .
Welcome for any further guidance .
Regards dear take care .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- An codeine cause infertility
- Does codeine cause pimples
- Cause is the cause for clear discharge after taking medication
- What causes purplish tinge on wounds
- What causes swelling around dog bite wound
- What causes wound in tongue
- What causes burning sensation around a wound after applying dettol
- What causes recurrent wounds on back of thigh
- Can codeine cause headaches
- Codeine cause hair thinning
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools