• question-icon

What do recurring bouts of mononucleosis indicate?

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have had very little energy to do things. i was wondering if there is something i can take to give me an energy boost. I have recurring bouts of mono. i have had 4 bowel surgeries. i have had anxiety and depression treatment in high school (before 2000). if i can temporarily boost my energy i could be more functional and fit. what can i do to help short term.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Multivitamin can be used

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

It is somewhat natural to have low energy after the one or two surgery as observed in most individuals even after years of surgery. The best way to recover energy is to gain highest possible level of functionality as experience and practice only helps the individual to get back to the pre illness energy level.

Having said this post bowel surgery there is enough evidence to suggest deficiency of various micronutrients as the area absorbing the nutrients are either damaged due to surgery or due to illness.

Due to increased chance of micro nutrients deficiency provisional use of multivitamin supplements have high potential to help you in short term as well as long term. The target nutrients include water soluble vitamins and minerals.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 27 minutes later
Do you suggest any particular brand? i have had trouble with multivitamins aggravating my IBS and diverticulitis. i also don't fair well with green tea or stevia. is there a liquid multivitamin that would absorb easier that you suggest?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

I work in a XXXXXXX and the products available here may not be available in USA and vise versa. For the very purpose my recommendation is to use a product which contains folic acid, vitamin B12 and Iron as supplements.

I am sure that there must be some liquid preparation of all these three nutrients as at least 100 companies manufacture such combination here in XXXXXXX

I hope this helps you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future, if you wish to ask any more questions, you can use the below-mentioned link to contact me.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist