Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Why do I have cramps while having sex ?

My child was born in Jan of 2010. I have lost the desire to have sex with my husband. Due to constant cramping and it hurts. It feels like he is caught on one side. This has been going on for a year. I have also have HPV which I am getting a biopsy done today. Why would I be cramping all the time and feel like he is caught on something?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Losing the desire of sex is mostly due to the depression which is commonly seen associated with a childbirth.You can go for biopsy and then treatment for HPV and after that if the problem persists, psychotherapy can help you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
It seems that the lack of desire to have sex that you are having may most likely be a result of you the pain you are having during intercourse (also known as dyspareunia) . And what you are describing as feeling as though your husband is "caught on something" and the cramping you are having seems to be what is known as vaginismus. Both dypareunia and vaginismus can coexist. They can follow traumatic vaginal deliveries. They can also be due to vaginal yeast infections, urinary tract infections or more commonly psychological factors such as anxiety and stress. Nonetheless i would advice you to get a thorough gynecological check up. If the check up is normal then mostly likely the cause may be psychological, in which case you should talk it out with you gynecologist. There surely is a solution. Don't be worried. Having earlier been able to have proper intercourse with your husband, is a very good predictor that you surely will continue to do so in the future.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor