Is pregnancy possible after unprotected sex before 1st menstrual cycle?

Dr. Arif N Khan

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Birth Control
Question: Hi, I am 23yr old... I had unprotected sex with a guy when i am young before reaching my puberty(before commence of my 1st menstrual cycle) Is there chances of i getting pregnant...? I am scared of this and feel shy to consult a doctor and speak about this.... I used to get warts around vegina it used to occur and go of from past 3yr, and my periods was not regular, 1yr back i consult a doctor they gave me C Prosfer+ tablet for irregular periods and again know my periods has been delayed and i get abdominal pain and mood swings, i used to insert fingers in to vegina know i think my cervix size has been enlarged, does i suffering from any disease or i have cervical cancer... please help me out... reply asap
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be pregnant. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Coming back to your questions, I had unprotected sex with a guy when i am young before reaching my puberty(before commence of my 1st menstrual cycle) Is there chances of i getting pregnant...? NO, its highly unlikely to get pregnant before menarche. To become pregnant you need to have normal ovulation, which is not possible before menarche. Regarding your warts it could be a benign condition. I presume you are not sexually active now, hence need not worry about warts. Finger insertion does not lead to cervical cancer, please do not think about things which are impossible. PLEASE DO NOT WORRY. Kindly be relaxed XXXX. You just need reassurance. I searched the content of Prosfer tablet and could not find it. Please reply me its contents so that I can guide you further. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Thank you for your reply, ya know i am not sexually active, warts appear and disappaer from past 3yr for a month or 2months, may i know wat is the reason for this.. can you help me out, about my future... about my marriage...? and my cervix has been enlarged wat may be the reason... there s a tumour in the abdomen, i consulted a doctor they asked me to get scan for lower abdomen and pelvis, can u help me...?
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Warts could be due to auto-inoculation Detailed Answer: Hi Ramyak, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, as you are not sexually active then in your case you might have got the warts due to auto-inoculation or could have been transmitted from other area. About your future or marriage? there is no problem as such. There are permanent treatment for warts. Kindly do not worry. Usually warts are diagnosed clinically, but I feel you might need a BIOPSY to confirm it. So that treatment can be planned. For cervical enlargement or for abdominal tumor even I suggest you to get a scan to know the exact findings. If you are very anxious you can even get a clinical examination per-speculum and a PAP smear to know any cervical problems. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow up: Dr. Arif N Khan 14 hours later
Thanks for ur reply.. I was in dilemma i got some information from you... If i get marry to any person ll he be able to make out that i had sex, Is it ok to marry a person by not telling him about my past life(sex in childhood)...? or i need to speak with him about this and take a decision... as i had sex before commence of menstrual cycle is there any side effects...? reply me
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Virginity can be expoased only with examination. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your questions, If i get marry to any person ll he be able to make out that i had sex, Is it ok to marry a person by not telling him about my past life(sex in childhood)...? Its unable to make out whether you had sex previously or not by sexual intercourse. If you get a per-speculum examination then your virginity can be exposed. Otherwise its impossible. Some people even go for Hymenoplasty, which I do not recommend for my patients. i need to speak with him about this and take a decision......? Its your personal wish, but personally I don't think its right to tell the other person about this. Its a past experience which wont affect your future sexual life, so there is no need to tell about your past. as i had sex before commence of menstrual cycle is there any side effects? No there are no side effects. As your current age is already 23, its highly unlikely to think about STI (sexually transmitted infections). so please do not worry. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T