Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What treatment should i get for itching skin and it gets red color?

Dr. My skin get red when itching. What treatment should i get. And my hair get very quick grey. pl help me
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  256
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Probably the most common cause of itch is psychological,that is, due to stress,anxiety, etc.
..Dry skin is another frequent cause of itch.
..metabolic and endocrine disorders,is common with allergic reactions.
Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Your itching of skin may be many factor. certain allergy condition of many impurities in blood may cause you itching common. The graying of hair may be due to vit deficiency, iron deficiency and stress, anxiety condition. The cause must be rule out for your condition. The blood should be examined complete blood count and haemoglobin level may help figure out specific abnormality.
There is good alternative herbal treatment for both of condition bt better to have blood examination first.
Take care
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Praveen Kumar Nigam's  Response

Some remedies for itching are:

Applying Sandal Wood Oil or Sandal Wood paste on the itching areas help getting relief from itch.

Dashang Lepa, an Ayurvedic Remedy made by a combination of 10 Ayurvedic herbs, help get instant relief from itching.

Applying Neem Oil, or a neem leaves paste help cure itching.

Marichaida Taila is an Ayurvedic oil containing black pepper, application of this oil helps relief from all skin infections and itching as well.

Consuming neem powder orally also help cure skin infections and itching.

Drinking Aloe-Vera juice empty stomach early in the morning helps curing any skin disorder and itching.

for more information plz cont.-09424883137
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
going by Ayurveda i believe it is the outcome of vitiated pit in your body that is responsible for itching and redness, rightly explained above due to increased blood flow, many a times you feel this area as hot and this confirms pit imbalance. Haridra khand and allerin will restore pit to be normal and expell any causative factors responsible for itching. I believe you are not diabetic and there is no sign of scabies.Avoid spicy food.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Due to itching there is increase blood supply to the area and certain chemicals also accumulates at that spot,so your skin becomes red.First of all find the reason for itching and then take treatment accordingly.For graying of hair please look for reasons like vitamin deficiency,stress etc.Please ask for help from your doctor.
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response

Kindly clarify if the skin is red and itching or does it get red when you itch ? In the first case if there is some kind of eruption or redness on the skin, along with itching, the cause needs to be identified. It could be due to some kind of allergy, insect bite, use of certain cosmetics, cream, change of soap, or some times due to the use of synthetic clothes(especially in the hot summer months). Certain skin diseases also may present as redness with itching. A visit to your family doctor or a dermatologist (skin specialist) is advised.

In the meanwhile you may apply lactocalamine lotion for a soothing effect, wear cotton clothes, drink plenty of water and have fruits and leafy vegetables. Avoid any strong smelling lotion or cream as well.

But if the skin gets red on is a physiological and natural occurrence as due to the rubbing and friction, the blood supply increases to the affected part , causing the redness.

This is normal and does not require treatment.

You have not mentioned your age . Premature greying can occur due to heredity, stress, vitamin deficiency,etc.. Try and find out the reason in your case. A diet rich in vitamins and iron is important. Treatment depends on the cause.
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor