What causes persistent swelling and tingling sensation in the face?

Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am experiencing some tingling, slight swelling and tender to the touch on the right side of my face it began about a week ago along the upper side of the cheek bone and has since moved lower into my jaw and also up on the side of my head above the ear no other symptom or noticeable problem
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need further details, please

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
Thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

1. Please answer these:
A. Do you take any medications for any other health concerns?
B. Are you also experiencing any pain in the affected area?
C. Are you diabetic?
D. Was there any kind of trauma to that area you are talking about?

2. Looking at the way you are describing it, sir, I think of some kind of skin infection.

3. And in all likelihood, it can be a fungal infection.

Please answer the above questions, so that I will be able to help you better.

Awaiting..
Take care..

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath Metri 1 hour later
Thank you for your response and in answer to your questions:
A. I only take one 81 mg aspirin daily
B. No constant pain just sensitive to touch
C. Not diabetic
D. No trauma
There is no noticeable discoloration or breaks in the skin, some very slight swelling that is decreasing slowly
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest you to wait..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome back..

Please note..

1. If it's reducing, I suggest watchful waiting as the solution.

2. Some kind of inflammation would have set in and it usually subsides.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana